Preparation: 20 min Cooking time: 20 min Servings: 2-3
- 4 Pcs trout filets with skin. ( 250 – 300g ) ( 0,55 – 0,66 lb )
- 2 Large potatoes in thin slices ( 3 – 5mm ) ( 0,1 – 0,2 inch )
- Bacon in cubes ( 100 – 150g ) ( 0,22 – 0,33 lb )
- 3 stem scallions
- 4 garlic gloves, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp mixed homemade seasoning, see recipe
- 3 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeeze, or by bottle
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
How to do:
1. Season the fish with the home-made mixed seasoning and salt.
2. In a big frying pan, heat only 1 tablespoon oil (salmon is fatty and will release its own oil) on medium heat, but not smoking, and fry the salmon for 1 – 2 minutes each side.
3. After frying, remove them from the heat and cover the pan and let it sit for 5-10 minutes until they become flaky & cooked completely. Remove from the pan carefully and set aside in a plate.
4. In the same pan using the same oil, fry the potatoes for 4 minutes then add the bacon and garlic and fry for another 4 minutes then add the capers, scallions and lemon juice and drizzle them with mixed seasoning before adding 2 tablespoons of butter, off the heat, stir until butter melts then return to the heat.
5. Put back the fish to the pan and spoon the sauce over the fish and serve with green salad.
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Dill
1 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Lemon Pepper
Enjoy your dinner!